A big HUGE thank you to AJ at One Part Joy-One Part Circus for nominating me for the Liebster Award. This is my first blog award!
Here’s the lowdown for how the award works: bloggers award other bloggers whom they consider as “up and coming” and have less than 200 followers, or are a newer blog. If you receive a Liebster, you must tell 11 things about yourself, answer 11 questions asked by the nominating blogger, and nominate 11 new bloggers. You then ask 11 questions to the bloggers you nominated. Oh, and don’t forget to inform the bloggers you chose.
11 little known facts about me:
- I am the youngest of three children; one brother and one sister.
- I have known my Great-Grandparents and my Great-Great Grandmother and attended her 100th birthday party (she lived to be 101).
- I never really enjoyed chocolate until after the birth of my first son.
- I started doing yoga at the age of 13 and with that many years of practice I should be better at it then I am.
- I am a Gemini, thus the reason I am incapable of deciding what I want to be when I grow up.
- I love early morning when everyone else is still asleep and I can just sit and enjoy my first cup of coffee. (no, this doesn’t really happen that often)
- I love Baseball.
- I have a terrible memory. This allows me to be a fan of baseball, but not remember any of the stats or players.
- I love to cook and hate to eat. I eat because my body won’t survive if I don’t, not because I like food.
- I would like to retire on a boat that is big enough to go on the ocean but small enough to travel on the river.
- I read, read, and read. I get lost in books and saddened when they end. I am also a fan of audiobooks. I have been known to read more than one book at a time. I must ALWAYS finish a book, even if it is terrible.
1. Best thing that happened to you in the last year?
The birth of our second son
2. Chocolate or Vanilla?
3. Coffee or Tea?
always and forever coffee
4. Why do you love blogging?
for the ability to share my thoughts and the stuff I love with people I would never have been able to meet otherwise
5. What would your dream job be?
6. Would you rather eat a bag of Cheetos or a bag of Sun-chips?
Sun-Chips, but only if they were cheddar
7. If money (and spousal opinions) was no object, how many children would you have/adopt?
4 or 6, but only if I started raising them in my early 20’s
8. If you had to live somewhere other than where you live, where would you move to??
9. Would you rather visit New York City or San Francisco? Why?
San Francisco, I am not partial to the East Coast (no offense to East Coasters)
10. Would you go to prison for something you believe in?
That is way to tough to answer! It would depended on how long, I don’t know if I could give up my kids, or put them through that….
11. What is your favorite song this month?
Since it is only the second day of the month I will say that last month it was a Christmas song, that I don’t know the name of or who sung it. But I loved listening to it when it came on the radio.
The 11 blogs I get to nominate:
Love Life with Kids who writes about motherhood and raising her children
Annabo Creations Anna is a digital scrapbooker who shares her creations
The Learning House Terri about homeschooling her children while living in Mongolia
Vancity Foodie Natasha writes about food, recipes and also reviews of restaurants where she lives. I think it is a good recipe index.
Turtle and Robot Jennifer writes reviews for children books
Little Love Nest insights about motherhood
A Lego A Day wonderful pictures of Legos. Really you must see it!
Squirrel Picnic Jennifer shares her creativity
Cookies and Crafts Katie writes about crafting and baking
Food E. Lauren writes about cooking and is a good resource for recipes
Night Fate Actions Julia is a young artist and writes her own Photoshop actions and her blog has some good tutorials regarding Photoshop
Now some of these bloggers might have more than 200 followers, but I can’t always tell. And at least one is on here just because I love the blog!
What I want to know about you:
- What animal would you love to own?
- What is your favorite thing to do with your best friend?
- What genre of book or movie can you not pass up?
- What is your go to dinner recipe or place?
- What is the thing you most desire now?
- What is your favorite past vacation?
- What is your secret indulgence?
- Do you speak a foreign language and what one would you like to learn?
- How organized are you?
- Did, or will, the number of siblings you have determine the number of children you will or will not have?
- What is your dream for retirement (other than financial stability and good health)?